1. Albalak R, Noonan G, Buchanan S, et al. Blood lead levels and risk factors for lead poisoning among children in Jakarta, Indonesia. Sci Total Environ 2003; 301(1): 75-85.
2. CDC’s Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program. CDC- Lead - New Blood Lead Level Information. (Accessed May 17, 2017, at https://www.cdc.gov/nceh/lead/acclpp/blood_l ead_levels.htm)
3. Lidsky T, Schneider J. Adverse effects of childhood lead poisoning: the clinical neuropsychological perspective. Environ Res 2006; 100(2): 284-93.
4. Jackson RJ, Cummins SK, Tips NM, et al. Preventing Childhood Lead Poisoning: The Challenge of Change. Am J Prev Med 1998; 14(3): 84-6.
5. Olson KR. Poisoning & drug overdose. 4 th ed. New York: Lange Medical Books/McGraw-Hill, 2007, 1-718.
6. Patrick L. Lead toxicity, a review of the literature. Part I: exposure, evaluation, and treatment. Altern Med Rev 2006; 11(1): 2-23.
7. White L, Cory-Slechta D, Gilbert M, et al. New and evolving concepts in the neurotoxicology of lead. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 2007; 225(1): 1-27.
8. Azizi MH, Azizi F. Lead poisoning in the world and Iran. Int J Occup Environ Med 2010; 1(2): 81-7.
9. Industrial Toxicology. Lead Toxicology. (Accessed January 23, 2017, at http://www.hseexpert.com/Pages/Common/HS Esea/HSEseaNodeComplete.aspx?SeaNodeID =362)
10. Warniment C, Tsang K, Galazka SS. Lead poisoning in children. Am Fam Physician 2010; 81(6): 751-7.
11. Mehrpour O, Karrari P, Abdollahi M. Chronic lead poisoning in Iran; a silent disease. Daru 2012; 20(1): 8.
12. Lin G, Peng R, Chen Q, et al. Lead in housing paints: An exposure source still not taken seriously for children lead poisoning in China. Environ Res 2009; 109(1): 1-5.
13. Iran's automotive industry from the perspective of fuel consumption, who is responsible? Automotive and fuel economy optimization. Energy Econ 2002-2003; 52-8.
14. Meyer PA, Brown MJ, Falk H. Global approach to reducing lead exposure and poisoning. Mutat Res Rev Mutat Res 2008; 659(1): 166-75.
15. Karrari P, Mehrpour O, Abdollahi M. A systematic review on status of lead pollution and toxicity in Iran; Guidance for preventive measures. DARU 2012; 20(1): 2.
16. Screening for elevated blood lead levels.American Academy of Pediatrics Committee on Environmental Health. Pediatrics 1998; 101(6): 1072-8.
17. Actions BLLS. Recommended actions based on blood lead level. (Accessed March 26, 2018, at https://www.cdc.gov/nceh/lead/acclpp/actions_bl ls.html)
18. Maleknejad S, Heidarzadeh A, Rahbar M, et al. Evaluation of Serum Lead Levels in Children with Constipation and Normal Controls in Northern Iran. Iran J Pediatr 2013; 23(4): 417-22.
19. Olivero-Verbel J, Duarte D, Echenique M, et al. Blood lead levels in children aged 5–9 years living in Cartagena, Colombia. Sci Total Environ 2007 1; 372(2-3): 707-16.
20. Moawad EMI, Badawy NM, Manawill M. Environmental and occupational lead exposure among children in Cairo, Egypt: A Community-based cross-sectional study. Medicine 2016; 95(9): e2976.
21. Khanna MM. Boys, not girls, are negatively affected on cognitive tasks by lead exposure: a pilot study. J Environ Health 2015; 77(6): 72-7.
22. Mitra AK, Ahua E, Saha PK. Prevalence of and risk factors for lead poisoning in young children in Bangladesh. J Health Popul Nutr 2012; 30(4): 404-9.
23. Levander OA. Lead toxicity and nutritional deficiencies. Environ Health Perspect 1979; 29: 115-25.
24. Elias S, Hashim Z, Marjan Z, et al. Relationship between blood lead concentration and nutritional status among Malay primary school children in Kuala Lumvur, Malaysia. Asia Pac J Public Health 2007; 19(3): 29-37.
25. Bradman A, Eskenazi B, Sutton P, et al. Iron deficiency associated with higher blood lead in children living in contaminated environments. Environ Health Perspect 2001; 109(10): 107-84.
26. Keramati MR, Manavifar L, Badiee Z, et al. Correlation between blood lead concentration and iron deficiency in Iranian children. Niger Med J 2013; 54(5): 325-28.
27. Hegazy AA, Zaher MM, Abd el-hafez MA, et al. Relation between anemia and blood levels of lead, copper, zinc and iron among children. BMC Res Notes 2010; 3(1): 133.
28. Wolf AW, Jimenez E, Lozoff B. Effects of iron therapy on infant blood lead levels. J Pediatr 2003; 143(6): 789-95.
29. Keramati MR, Sadeghian MH, Mahdi M. Correlation between iron deficiency and lead intoxication in the workers of a car battery plant. Int J Hematol Oncol 2010; 20: 169–74.
30. Kim H-S, Lee S-S, Hwangbo Y, et al. Crosssectional study of blood lead effects on iron status in Korean lead workers. Nutrition 2003; 19(7): 571-6.
31. Nriagu J, Burt B, Linder A, et al. Lead levels in blood and saliva in a low-income population of Detroit, Michigan. Int J Hyg Environ Health 2006; 209(2): 109-21.
32. Pocock SJ, Smith M, Baghurst P. Environmental lead and children's intelligence: a systematic review of the epidemiological evidence. BMJ 1994; 309(6963): 1189-97.
33. Carta P, Aru G, Carta L, et al. Intelligence and neurocognitive tests among students living in a industrialized region of Sardinia with relatively low blood levels of lead. G Ital Med Lav Ergon 2013; 35(1): 32-5.
34. Reuben A, Caspi A, Belsky DW, et al. Association of childhood blood lead levels with cognitive function and socioeconomic status at age 38 years and with IQ change and socioeconomic mobility between childhood and adulthood. JAMA 2017; 317(12): 1244-51.
35. Huang S, Hu H, Sánchez BN, et al. Childhood blood lead levels and symptoms of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD): a cross-sectional study of Mexican children. Environ health perspect 2016; 124(6): 868-74.
36. Reducing Exposure to Lead in Older Homes. Washington Toxics Coalitiont fact sheet. (Accessed November 14, 2018, at https://www.tpchd.org/home/showdocument?i d=258)
37. Movahed A, Dehghan AV, Haji Hosseini R, et al. Evaluation of heavy metals in the tissues of different species of shrimps collected from coastal waters of Bushehr, Persian Gulf. Iran South Med J 2013; 16(2): 100-9. (Persian)
38. Arfaeinia H, Ranjbar Vakil Abadi D, Seifi M, Asadgol Z, and Hashemi SE. Study of concentrations and risk assessment of heavy metals resulting from the consumption of agriculture product in different farms of dayyer city, Bushehr. Iran South Med J 2016; 19(5): 839-854.